From Thematic Action Tracks to Global Initiative Calls to Action
From Thematic Action Tracks to Calls to Action
The Transforming Education Summit aimed to mobilize solutions to accelerate national and global efforts to achieve Sustainable Development Goal 4: Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all.
The Thematic Action Tracks were identified in the lead up to the Summit to rethink and reimagine the purpose, content and delivery of education. To transform education for peace, inclusion and sustainability. Chosen as key levers to transform education, focusing on five areas that need urgent attention.
The Tracks were chosen as key levers to transform education by focusing on five areas that need urgent attention. Mobilizing new commitments, they highlight policy interventions that work and seek to leverage existing initiatives and partnerships.
Beyond the Summit, seven Global Initiative Calls to Action, launched at the Summit, will focus on such solutions to transform education focusing on:
- Greening Education to get every learner climate-ready;
- Connecting every child and young person to digital solutions;
- Addressing the crisis in foundational learning among young learners;
- Transforming education systems to enable all crisis-affected children and youth to access inclusive, quality, safe learning opportunities and continuity of education;
- Advancing gender equality and girls’ and women’s empowerment;
- Transforming the financing of education by investing more, more equitably, more efficiently, more innovatively;
- Empowering young people to be effective leaders in reshaping education.
To ensure accountability, the follow-up mechanism will be led by the SDG 4 High-level Steering Committee and coordinated by UNESCO, with the UNESCO Institute for Statistics and the Global Education Monitoring Report continuing their mandate for SDG 4 monitoring and reporting.